VANCOUVER, BC, June 20, 2017 — Mobify®, the #1 provider of Progressive Web Apps (PWAs) for commerce, has released a Mobile Commerce UX Best Practices Webinar with 30 user experience (UX) best practices for creating app-like experiences that deliver engaging, friction-free and high-conversion mobile websites. Presented by Mobify and co-sponsored by Astound Commerce, the webinar recording is now available on-demand.
Mobify’s Mobile Commerce UX Best Practices are part of its Progressive Mobile User Interface (UI) Kit, designed to quickly create common ecommerce pages, such as product detail pages and checkout flows. The kit has enabled Mobify and partners to minimize work required to build basic components of Progressive Web Apps. This approach allows designers to focus on providing engaging visual designs and solve more complex interactions, such as those addressed by the Mobify Best Practices. As an early provider of Progressive Web App technology, Mobify is known for building more PWAs for commerce than any other vendor, ensuring these best practices are tested and proven.
Among the best practices and recommendations culled from Mobify’s pioneering experience in creating fast, reliable and engaging Progressive Web Apps:
- Always clearly summarize the major categories on the homepage, and avoid extra promotional content that can obscure offerings and prevent fast product selection and checkout
- Never request information from the shopper such as log-in, registration, or acceptance of push notifications without providing a clearly-communicated value, such as discount or other offer
- Avoid requiring shoppers to move to a new page unnecessarily by using descriptive buttons such as “continue to secure payment,” rather than “continue”
- Do the work for the shopper; for example, calculate when a package will arrive, rather than simply how many days are required to deliver
- Make sure interactions are accessible to all; for example, use labels above form fields and write code so that screen readers can easily communicate form information to blind or vision-impaired shoppers
- Speed up checkout by adding “buy now” buttons to product listing pages; create powerful mini carts by minimizing clutter to make buying simple and fast; make guest checkout the default to avoid abandonment
According to Mobify Design Manager Jaybe Allanson, “New technologies such as Progressive Web Apps and Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) are changing our expectations about performance on the web by making mobile websites shockingly fast. These best practices have been created to help retailers take the next step: creating the faster, easier path to purchase that shoppers have come to expect.”
To access the Mobile Commerce UX Best Practices Webinar visit: http://resources.mobify.com/UXwebinar17replay.html
Watch this 2-minute video to learn more about Progressive Web Apps for retail.
Mobify is the #1 provider of Progressive Web Apps for eCommerce for retailers and brands that want to close the gap between desktop and mobile conversion rates, keep up with customer expectations and win loyal customer relationships. The Mobify platform delivers a unified customer experience across mobile web and apps, while building customer relationships through push notifications and store drivers. Leading global brands including Lancôme (Mobile Commerce winner 2017 Internet Retailer Excellence Awards), Crabtree & Evelyn, Paula’s Choice, Carnival Cruise Line, London Drugs, Burlington, PureFormulas, Superdry, Columbia, eXtra Electronics, and ThinkGeek generate extensive revenue through the Mobify Platform and rely on Mobify to grow their customer lifetime value. www.mobify.com
Mobify® is a registered trademark of Mobify. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.