VANCOUVER, BC, April 25, 2017 — A new study from Mobify reveals the importance of increasing mobile conversions for retailers, as mobile revenue will overtake desktop broadly this year, reaching a tipping point by Black Friday. While some mobile retail leaders are already beginning to see this trend, many more brands will follow this year, according to the Q1 2017 Mobile Commerce Insights Report from Mobify.
The free report analyzes 17 years of US census data on retail sales, as well as data from Mobify’s U.S.-based ecommerce customers. Applying seasonal prediction models, not all retailers will experience the revenue flip at the same time, based on their level of mobile focus:
- Mobile Leaders (top quartile): Q3 2017
- Mobile Median (top half): Q4 2017
- Mobile Laggards (bottom quartile): Q3 2019
“It’s clear that, for shoppers, mobile is not just a channel, but a way of life,” said Mobify CEO Igor Faletski. “Those retailers and brands that align their strategies and implement mobile best practices will be in the best position to capture the mobile revenue opportunity in 2017.”
Mobify is the #1 provider of Progressive Web Apps for ecommerce, delivering the speed and high-converting features of an app to the mobile web for significant increases in mobile revenue. The company’s quarterly Mobile Commerce Insights reports analyze shopper data to help merchants understand where, how, when, and why mobile consumers engage in order to make the largest business impact through mobile engagement.
The Q1 2017 report is the first to show how mobile revenue provides specific guidance for retailers looking to capture increased revenue as mobile revenue grows, for example:
- Focus on easier navigation: Use location and customer behavior data to personalize content, and adhere to mobile commerce UX best practices.
- Increase speed: Combine Progressive Web Apps, which pre-load content to improve page speeds by up to 4 times, with Accelerated Mobile Pages’ ability to capture organic traffic by loading the first page almost instantly.
- Implement one-click purchases: Allow customers to avoid filling out billing and shipping information by using technologies like Apple Pay, Android Pay, and the Payment Request API.
- Enhance security: Add lock icons and “secure” to checkout buttons.
To learn more, download the Q1 2017 Mobile Commerce Insights Report from Mobify.
Watch this short video for more information about Progressive Web Apps for retail.
Mobify is the #1 provider of Progressive Web Apps for ecommerce for retailers and brands that want to close the gap between desktop and mobile conversion rates, keep up with customer expectations and win loyal customer relationships. The Mobify platform delivers a unified customer experience across mobile web and apps, while building customer relationships through push notifications and store drivers. Leading global brands including Lancôme, Crabtree & Evelyn, Paula’s Choice, Carnival Cruise Line, London Drugs, Burlington, PureFormulas, Superdry, Columbia, eXtra Electronics, and ThinkGeek generate extensive revenue through the Mobify Platform and rely on Mobify to grow their customer lifetime value. www.mobify.com