Within the last year, a retail mobile presence went from a nice-to-have to a necessity — a necessity that must perform beyond your customers’ expectations.
Is your company still not thinking mobile first? Here are 16 stats to convince your executive team that the time to invest in mobile is now:
1. The number of smartphone users is predicted to hit 5.9B in under five years.
2. More than 50% of e-commerce traffic is now driven by mobile.
3. 83% of the US’s 80M Millennials own smartphones and almost three-quarters of them have made a purchase from their phone.
4. We spend over three hours a day interacting with our mobile devices.
5. 87% of millennials state that their smartphone never leaves their side — day or night.
6. Almost a third of all North American web traffic comes from mobile devices.
7. 84% of smartphone shoppers use their phones while in a physical store.
8. 83% of consumers say a seamless experience across all devices is very important.
9. 53% of retailers have identified mobile as a key strategic priority. Almost 1/3 have already integrated their various marketing channels.
10. Online pre-purchase product research (i.e., webrooming) will drive $1.8T in retail sales by 2017.
11. 68% of consumers say it is somewhat or very important that companies they interact with are seen as tech leaders.
12. Almost 50% of customers say integration of bricks-and-mortar, online & mobile is how retailers most need to improve the shopping experience.
13. 76% of men 18 – 34 say they typically purchase via their smartphones in a given month. 59% of women in the same age range do likewise.
14. Smartphones and tablets together account for 70% of a brand’s digital engagement time with consumers.
15. 94% of smartphone users use their device to search for location business information.
16. 71% of shoppers who use smartphones for research in-store say that it’s become an important part of the experience.
Learn more about winning senior management buy-in and developing an effective mobile strategy for your company!