2015 is the year that a retail mobile presence goes from a nice-to-have to a necessity — a necessity that performs beyond your customers’ expectations.
Is your company still not thinking mobile first? Here are 15 stats to convince your executive team that the time to invest in mobile is now:
1. The number of smartphone users is predicted to hit 5.9B in under five years.
2. More than 50% of e-commerce traffic is now driven by mobile.
3. 83% of the US’s 80M Millennials own smartphones and almost three-quarters of them have made a purchase from their phone.
4. We spend over three hours a day interacting with our mobile devices.
5. In 2014, time spent on the mobile web increased 17% and use of mobile apps jumped a whopping 52%.
6. Almost a third of all North American web traffic comes from mobile devices.
7. In 2014, mobile shopping revenue grew 48% year-over-year.
8. Mobile shopping accounts for 11.1% of all ecommerce transactions. That jumps to 21% for the 500 leading merchants in global m-commerce.
9. 53% of retailers have identified mobile as a key strategic priority. Almost 1/3 have already integrated their various marketing channels.
10. Online pre-purchase product research (i.e., webrooming) will drive $1.8T in retail sales by 2017.
11. 68% of consumers say it is somewhat or very important that companies they interact with are seen as tech leaders.
12. Almost 50% of customers say integration of bricks-and-mortar, online & mobile is how retailers most need to improve the shopping experience.
13. 76% of men 18 – 34 say they typically purchase via their smartphones in a given month. 59% of women in the same age range do likewise.
14. Smartphones and tablets together account for 70% of a brand’s digital engagement time with consumers.
15. 69% of shoppers expect sales associates to be armed with a mobile device to look up product info or inventory levels on their behalf.
Learn more about winning senior management buy-in and developing an effective mobile strategy for your company!