Mobile is important. You get it; we get it too.
But when it comes to your boss or clients, you might run into quite a bit of resistance trying to convince them why exactly it is so important to build websites that are mobile-friendly.
So what can you do about it?
To help you pitch your boss and frame the situation from their perspective, we’ve prepared a collection of the most exciting numbers around the mobile web. It will help you get the attention of any skeptic, be it your manager, your client, or your mom.
We’ve made sure every stat is properly referenced, so feel free to share them in your reports, pitches, and on social media.
Share-Worthy Stats about the Mobile Web
1. 58% of all US consumers already own a smartphone.
2. Over 1.2 billion people access the web from their mobile devices.
3. Global mobile traffic now accounts for 15% of all Internet traffic.
4. No one screen size has more than 20% of the market share.
5. 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
6. 60% of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while in a store, and another 50% while on their way to a store.
7. 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal, whether that’s on smartphones, PCs, tablets or TV.
8. Almost half a billion tablets will ship in 2013 and 2014 alone.
9. Tablet users spend 50% more than PC users.
10. 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets.
11. Mobile-based searches make up one quarter of all searches.
12. 95% of smartphone users have searched for local info.
13. Every 100ms increase in load time decreases sales by 1%.
But wait, there’s more!
Earlier this week, we released a new slide deck for our e-commerce
customers titled “50 Must-Know Mobile E-Commerce Facts & Statistics: How the
mobile web changes the way we buy and sell.”
It’s chock-full of interesting data points, but not all of them may
be relevant to your situation. Still, I think it’s worth taking a look.