After weeks of hard work, we're proud to present you with a big update to Mobify. Even more improvements are already underway. Here are the highlights:
- Support for Google Analytics for Mobile. Recently [announced by Google], this API allows for extra precision in mobile reporting, especially critical for sites with BlackBerry and feature phones. The direct GA API is available to Plus and Pro websites.
- Faster mobifying of WordPress, Drupal and ExpressionEngine websites. To make mobifying even faster, we trained the AI to be more helpful with picking content and populating templates. If you see mobile content pre-picked when loading a page, or templates mobified in the background, this is what's going on.
- Better Support for IE 7 & 8, Firefox, Safari and Chrome in Choose / Design. Internet Explorer users rejoice, as now it's a lot more stable - a large part of the interface has been rewritten from scratch to make that possible. We still recommend FireFox : )
- Revision Control. A must for any website with a large mobile audience. Copy revisions and switch back and forth between them, making the design process smoother and risk-free.
- New Manage Screen. Multiple tabs are gone, with a birds-eye view of the mobile view taking its place.
- Embeds for Gallery Entries. Every gallery-approved website now features two snippets (small and large) useful for promoting the mobile version in a blog, forum or a site sidebar. An example embed for YankoDesign can be seen below.
Several features are still in testing and will be gradually rolled out over the next week or two. Please let us know what you think of the new Mobify in comments below. Hope you like it!